Friday, March 29, 2013

Authonomy Reviews on Ignited

Getting some awesome reviews on Ignited! Loving it! Loving that my readers are loving it!

YAPR/ YARG review
This is bloomin good! It's polished writing with well written characters. Now, this review is going to sound a little wishy washy because after reading four chapters I have hardly any notes! I love the line in chapter 2 - "He was the type of guy that could take a small hit to his ego. It wasn't going to go anywhere". Kris' voice is strong and consistent throughout the work and your dialogue runs smooth and works well.
Sorry for the really rubbish review but I couldn't find anything to pick up on!
Love it and I would certainly buy it if it were available.
High stars from me
Nik


YARG Review
I have one word, or sound... aw... where is the rest of the story, please tell me you've finished writing this and you are intending to upload more. I read all twenty chapters in one sitting, its very compelling reading and hooks you right in.
I loved Nathan's character and the relationship you build up between Kris and him, so well done.
The greek mythology element is believable and well constructed, and the tension you create between each chapter just makes you want to read on.
You cleverly leave the last line of each chapter as a cliff hanger, which is skilfully done.
As always with any review I start taking notes, but I'm sorry I gave up with this one, as I liked the story too much to put on an editors hat. So I have a few notes for the first chapter, and there probably could be some more polishing with subsequent chapters, but the story is great, and hey that's what sells. I think the YA audience would eat this up, its got all the essential elelments needed in this genre.
Please, please let me know if you upload anymore. Or if you publish it, I'd definitely buy a copy.
Congrats on writing such a fab story and best of luck with it.
Jxx


Come read it!
http://authonomy.com/books/51067/ignited/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...